In compliance with UK and European Data Protection Regulations, We Are Digital Training Ltd takes your privacy seriously and we pride ourselves on our transparency. This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we collect from you when you are a recipient of our services and when you visit our website.
The Policy sets out how we use and protect any information that you provide to us when using any of our services or visiting our website.
We are committed to protecting your personal information and take seriously our obligations with regards to the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Definition of Learner
A “Learner” is anyone who contacts us in relation to accessing our assisted services or training, attends or undertakes training with us, or provides feedback on their experiences with us.
The Data Controller Contact Details
For the purpose of GDPR, We Are Digital Training Ltd are the data controller and any enquiry you may have regarding the collection or processing of your data should be addressed to:
The Innovation Centre, Warwick Technology Park,
Gallows Hill, Warwick, CV34 6UW
You can also contact the Data Protection Representative directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Why do we collect or process your personal information?
We collect or process your information:
– To deliver appropriate support and training,
– To contact you in the event of changes to your arranged training,
– To send you any certification,
– To keep you up to date with new opportunities for learning that might interest you.
We also use what we collect to improve the support we offer and to develop new and better services for our learners.
We will not contact you to try to sell you anything as our training is always free to access for learners.
What are the types of personal information we collect and process?
We only hold the personal data that you or another party have provided to us, with your informed consent, and as a necessary requirement for the effective functioning and development of our assisted services and training.
This may include your personal details, including without limitation:
your name and contact details, year of birth, your digital learning interests and preferences, digital skill level and computer capability, housing group (if applicable), survey questions and answers and where relevant a record of your contact with us.
We will not excessively collect any personal data from you that we do not need and we will periodically review your personal information to ensure that we do not retain it for any longer than our agreed, and documented, retention schedules.
When your information is passed to us by another party
There are occasions where you may be accessing our services through another organisation. If they provide us with your details, we treat this accordingly and only use it for the purposes stated.
Disclosure of your personal information to other organisations
The personal information (that is collected) is marked internally as confidential. We would only disclose your personal information to a third party in the following circumstances:
– To organisations with whom you have an existing relationship and with whom we work in partnership to deliver your training or support and where there is a sharing agreement in place to protect your rights.
– Independent market research company M.E.L. Research Ltd are externally assessing some of our training delivery and in some instances may wish to contact learners to ask them about their experiences and for further feedback. We only pass on details of learners who have given explicit consent to be contacted in this way by M.E.L. Research Ltd on this topic.
– Where there is an authorised legal requirement/request for us to release the data
How long do we keep your information for?
In order that we are able to provide the best possible service to you, we have agreed and documented retention schedules that we consider to be relevant and proportionate to the service we are providing.
We keep things like your record of attendance, your contact information and the feedback that you provide at the end of your training.
However, when there are statutory or legal requirements to do so, we will retain relevant sections of your personal data for a set period of time for accounts and records purposes.
Keeping your personal information safe
We use sub-processors to store our data safely and securely. All survey data is stored in the UK. Our sub-processors have robust security features to ensure that they have the appropriate technical and organisational measures to keep personal data secure.
You have a number of legal rights in relation to the information that we hold about you, including:
– The right to request details of the information we have about you.
– The right to withdraw your consent to the use of your information where we are relying on that consent (for example, you can opt out of receiving marketing messages from us). Please note that we may still be entitled to process your information if we have another legitimate reason (other than consent) for doing so.
– In some circumstances, you have the right to receive some of your information in a usable format and/or request we transmit that data to a third party where this is technically feasible. Please note that this right only applies to information which you have provided to us.
– The right to ask that we update your information if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
– The right to ask that we erase your information in certain circumstances. Please note that there may be circumstances where you ask us to erase your information but we are legally required to retain some of it.
– The right to request that we restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances. Again, there may be circumstances where you ask us to restrict the processing of your information, but we may be legally required to refuse that request.
– The right to make a complaint with the Information Commissioner (www.ico.org.uk) if you think that any of your rights have been infringed by us.
To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out in this Privacy Notice and/or make a complaint please contact email@example.com or write to Data Protection at:
We Are Digital, The Innovation Centre, Warwick Technology Park, Gallows Hill, Warwick, CV34 6UW.