- We Are Group can help you with your claim.
- How? We can help you complete your application, whether it’s online or not!
- Why? Because we are working in partnership with the Home Office to help you at this difficult time.
If you came to the UK before 31 December 1988 and faced difficulties because you could not demonstrate your lawful status in the UK, you may be entitled to compensation under the Windrush Compensation Scheme. Affected individuals will receive a minimum of £10,000 for ‘Impact on Life’, and the scheme also compensates for things like loss of access to employment or other services such as healthcare or benefits, immigration fees and time spent in detention.
This is where we come in! At We Are Group, we will help you fill out your application to ensure you have all the paperwork needed, ensuring no information will be missed, and everything is correct before your application is submitted.
Contact us today or get referred by the Home Office to us and we will help you do the rest!
Windrush Compensation Scheme Process
To check your eligibility, please contact us today:
On our Free Helpline
0808 196 8496
Check your eligibility
Contact the Home Office for more information
They can also help to check if you’re eligible to claim. Call the Home Office Free Helpline: 0800 678 1925
Please note: If you are outside the UK, you can call the helpline or send an email requesting a call back. You may be charged for making or receiving a call - check the exact cost with your phone network provider.
All Windrush help team information you need
can be downloaded below:
Who can apply?
You came to the UK from a Commonwealth country before 1973.
Your parents or grandparents came to the UK from a Commonwealth country before 1973.
You came to the UK from any country before 31 December 1988 and are now settled here.
The close family member of someone eligible to claim and you have had significant losses yourself.
Representing the estate of someone who would have been eligible.
Losses you can claim for:
- Immigration fees and legal costs
- Loss of access to employment
- Loss of access to Child Benefit, Child Tax Credit or Working Tax Credit
- Loss of access to other benefits
- Driving license
- Impact on life
- You’ve had losses because you could not prove your right to stay in the UK.
- You’ve had losses because you’re the partner, child, brother, sister or parent of someone who could not prove their right to stay in the UK.
- You represent the estate of someone who had losses because they could not prove their right to stay in the UK.
For your claim to be successful you will need to provide evidence of loss against these categories. We will support you to provide as much evidence as possible, to maximise your potential claim.
To check your eligibility and to find out more, please contact the Home Office Windrush help team today:
Call the Home Office Free Helpline
0800 678 1925
Click on the link to check your eligibility
If you are referred by the Home Office, We Are Group will contact you to start the claim process once we have had confirmed that you are eligible to claim.